50 Motivating Artist Quotes That Will Ignite Your Inspiration

Monday, February 15, 2016

Even the most talented run out of creative juice every now and then. There are days when we are overflowing with ideas and beaming with imagination and energy, and then there are those days when we ask ourselves why we even bothered to get out of bed. For the latter, we need to consult an external source of inspiration in order to recharge our creative batteries. Gaining insight on what fellow artists and thinkers have experienced and learned throughout their lives can be a refreshing way to start getting motivated and generating new ideas.

This article’s purpose is to inspire its readers with 50 thought-provoking artist quotes by some of the biggest masterminds in history. What all of these great minds have in common is an intellectual and creative drive that propelled them to become famous and successful.

It’s not easy to stay focused on a goal, and often we drift away from it or trade it for something else. However, it’s important to remember that in order to achieve our dreams, we need to stop dreaming about them and start working on finding ways of turning them into a reality. Success is not the destination, but the journey. This attitude should be turned into a lifestyle of working hard and never giving up.

In order to achieve greatness, one must remember to think positive, filter out the negativity around them, and, no matter what, stay focused on the big picture. Everyone who’s ever become someone has had to train themselves to think this way. It’s not something that you’re born with; it’s something that you consistently choose to work on.

We hope that the following artist quotes will help you find the inspiration you need in order to accomplish all of your goals, projects, and dreams. So go ahead and find inspiration, create something amazing, and contribute to the beauty of this world in your own unique way!

“Art is anything you can get away with.” – Andy Warhol

Andy-Warhol

“Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso

Pablo-Picasso

“Creativity takes courage.” – Henri Matisse

Henri-Matisse

“If we go for the easy way, we never change.” – Marina Abramović

Marina-Abramović

“Art should be something that liberates your soul.” – Keith Haring

Keith-Haring

“You get whatever accomplishment you are willing to declare.” – Georgia O’Keeffe

Georgia-O’Keeffe

“It doesn’t matter how the paint is put on, as long as something is said.” – Jackson Pollock

Jackson-Pollock

“Amateurs look for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Chuck Close

Chuck-Close

“If I knew what the picture was going to be like, I wouldn’t make it.” – Cindy Sherman

Cindy-Sherman

“I paint flowers so they will not die.” – Frida Kahlo

Frida-Kahlo

“Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.” – Salvador Dalí

Salvador-Dalí

“The most interesting thing about artists is how they live.” – Marcel Duchamp

Marcel-Duchamp

“I don’t think about art when I’m working. I try to think about life.” – Jean-Michel Basquiat

Jean-Michel-Basquiat

“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” – Vincent van Gogh

Vincent-van-Gogh

“Every artists dips her brush into her own soul, and paints her own truth into her pictures.” – Datura

Datura

“Art is to console those who are broken by life.” – Vincent Van Gogh

Art-is-to-console-those-who-are-broken-by-life-Vincent-Van-Gogh

“Inhale possibility, exhale creativity.” – Laura Jaworski

Professional-Artist-is-the-foremost-business-magazine-for-visual-artists

“Go out and paint the stars.” – Van Gogh

Go-Out-and-Paint-the-Stars---Van-Gogh

“Go to your studio and make stuff.” – Fred Babb

Go-to-your-studio-and-make-stuff

“There are no rules to creativity.” – Laura Jaworski

There-are-no-rules-to-creativity

“Art is an adventure into an unknown world, which can be explored only by those willing to take risks.” – Mark Rothko

Mark-Rothko-Art-Quote

“You were born to make art.” – Anonymous

You-were-born-to-make-art

“Art should disturb the comfortable and comfort the disturbed.” – Anonymous

ART-PRINT

“I aspire to inspire before I expire.”

Quotes-to-inspire-me-and-my-followers

“I have been absolutely terrified every moment of my life – and I have never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.” – Georgia O’Keeffe

Ms-Georgia-O'Keeffe

“If you don’t do it someone else will.”

Do-it

 

“Art is my life and my life is art.” – Yoko Ono

Art-is-my-life-and-my-life-is-art

“I make art to show my soul that I am listening.” – Pat Wiederspan Jones

I-make-art-to-show-my-soul-that-I-am-listening

“The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.” – Julia Cameron

The-creative-process

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mystery.” – Albert Einstein

Mystery-Watercolor-Quote

“You are your only limit.” – Anonymous

Limit

“He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.” – St Francis of Assisi

He-who-works-with-his-hands-and-his-head-and-his-heart-is-an-artist---St-Francis-of-Assisi

“Art is an experience not an object.” – Robert Motherwell

Art-is-an-experience-not-an-object

“Be brave.”

Be-brave

“Creative isn’t the way I think, it’s the way I like to live.” – Paul Sandip

Creative

“The creative person is both more primitive and more cultivated, more destructive, a lot madder and a lot saner, than the average person.” – Frank Barron

The-creative-person

“Who says that my breams have to stay just my dreams?”

Dreams

There is no must in art because art is free.” – Wassily Kandinsky

There-is-no-must-in-art-because-art-is-free

“Do more than just exist.”

Do-more-than-just-exist

“I’m not the average girl from your video and I ain’t built like a supermodel but I learned to love myself unconditionally because I am a queen.” – India Arie

India-Arie

“It isn’t until the painter has no idea what he’s doing that he makes good paintings.” – Edgar Degas

Edgar-Degas

“I feel glorious, dynamic energy. I am active and alive.” – Louise Hay

Louise-Hay

“Every artist was first an amateur.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every-Artist

“If there is no way, create one.”

If-there-is-no-way,-create-one

“I was created to create.”

I-was-created-to-create

“No artist tolerates reality.” – Nietzsche

No-artist-tolerates-reality

“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.”  Pablo Picasso

Art-washes-from-the-soul-the-dust-of-everyday-life

“Art does not reproduce what you see. It makes us see.” – Paul Klee

Art-does-not-reproduce-what-you-see

“Imagination is more important than knowledge.” – Albert Einstein

Imagination

“I shut my eyes in order to see.” – Paul Gauguin

The post 50 Motivating Artist Quotes That Will Ignite Your Inspiration appeared first on Line25.



Source: http://ift.tt/1Tliqs6

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Cash Box Blueprint

Most Reading